Subject: Re: raidframe
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Ben Collver <collver@softhome.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/09/2000 06:45:46
On Wed, Nov 08, 2000 at 02:14:51PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 07, 2000 at 02:54:05PM -0800, Ben Collver wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > My system is using NetBSD 1.5 BETA (i386) and its root and swap partitions
> > are within a RAID level 1 array.  After I "shutdown -h now" and boot the
> > machine, the RAID parity always starts DIRTY.
> >
> > Is this the same problem mentioned in PR8933?  The -d option is now in
>
> yes.
>
> > swapctl.  It would be nice for -d to modify -U for automation.
> >
> > After adding "swapctl -d /dev/raid0b" to the stop command in /etc/rc.d/swap1
> > and adding "# KEYWORD: shutdown" to /etc/rc.d/swap1 and /etc/rc.d/mountall
> > (so they are run by rc.shutdown), the RAID parity still always starts DIRTY.
>
> Could you compile a kernel with 'options DEBUG' and see what is printed at
> shutdown ?

For now I will stop using /dev/raid0b as swap because swapctl -d is not
working.  I would be glad to help resolve this if I could.

I see that swapctl -d ultimately results in a call to uvm_swap.c:swap_off(),
but how do I learn what needs to be fixed?

Ben
--
"We all believe that BSD is the One True OS" --Paul Vixie, 1992