Subject: Re: IPF and IPNAT config
To: None <netbsd@val.fake.cx>
From: Timothy A. Musson <Timothy.Musson@zin-tech.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/03/2000 11:37:02
Are you referring to the how-to at: www.obfuscation.org/ipf/ipf-howto.txt ?

If not, check it out. (It is specific to IP Filter based firewalls, but has
quite
a bit of good theory and excellent examples. It's a short read that takes
you from absolute beginner to advanced in 45 pages. Overall, it is one of
the best HowTo's I've read.  But then, maybe I don't get out much... )

The author of the how-to recommends Building Internet Firewalls, Chapman
& Zwicky, O'Reilly and Associates; and TCP/IP Illustrated, Volume 1,
Stevens, Addison Wesley.

I personally think the Stevens book is awesome, and I've heard quite a few
others recommend that O'Reilly book (surprise, surprise!).

Hope that helps,
Tim