Subject: Re: binary emulation
To: Ryan Fields <linux404@hotmail.com>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/29/2000 06:53:05
On Tue, Aug 29, 2000 at 12:32:59AM -0700, Ryan Fields wrote:

 > My friends and I were wondering about the concept of binary emulation on
 > NetBSD. Specifically, is it possible to run Linux software, Solaris software
 > and/or HP-UX software on a NetBSD system? Example: StarOffice 5.2 for Linux
 > or Solaris, would it be possible to run it on NetBSD? I believe someone told
 > me that they run Netscape for Linux on a NetBSD system, but I would also
 > like to know would Solaris or HP-UX software work on NetBSD?

StarOffice 5.1 runs great (I use it every day).  StarOffice 5.2 -- no one
has made a package of it yet, and it's a bit more difficult to do so than
with 5.1.

To run Linux software, you'll need to install the Linux compat packages,
which can be found in pkgsrc/emul/suse_linux.

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>