Subject: Re: FTP server
To: Grzegorz 'Silk' Sobanski <silk@go2.pl>
From: Mipam <mipam@ibb.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/27/2000 22:37:08
On Sun, Aug 27, 2000 at 07:52:34PM +0200, Grzegorz 'Silk' Sobanski wrote:
> Hello!
> The standard ftpd don't support logging user's activity.
> I need that, so I want to change to other ftp server.
> I have wu-ftpd, but I've read that it's not recommended
> to use that one?

Perhaps ... Proftpd? That is IF you really wish to support this plain
text protocol. If you wish to use it anyway and wish to log
what users are doing, consider Snort (www.snort.org).
Its in the pkgsrc of netbsd.
You can log all what is done during a session with that.
In general it advisable to have, its a lightweight intrusion detection
system on which some great security ppl work.
Bye,

Mipam.