Subject: Re: i4b on NetBSD_1.5ALPHA2/i386: strange traffic
To: Ingolf Koch <ingolf@jellonet.de>
From: Paul Herman <pherman@frenchfries.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/27/2000 15:01:37
On Fri, 25 Aug 2000, Ingolf Koch wrote:

> Thanks a lot for your investigation. I'll try to convince
> my ISP that the LCP ECHO_REQUESTs are not necessary.

Sorry to step in late on this thread, but there are indeed patches on
the freebsd-isdn mailing list by myself and improved by Gary Jennejohn
which correct this.

I also personaly believe that LCP ECHO_REQUESTS are not the most
useful thing on the planet, but being a standard, it is your ISPs
perogative to use them, and it is the client's job to support them.

P.S. "user-ppp" by Brian Somers is not affected by this (dunno if
NetBSD is user-ppp compatible...)

-Paul.