Subject: Re: Orderd Disk does not contain kernel sources for 1.42
To: Gregg C Levine <hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@eecs.ukans.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/26/2000 11:36:36
In the past, I've been very pleased with the disks that Bob Nestor burns.
He does it at-cost (or close thereto), and as I recall even supports some
customization.  The chief caveat is that he burns them with a CD-R (or
possibly CD-RW?).  Most regular CD-ROM drives can handle that, but some
can't.  (Bob Nestor is listed on the NetBSD CD-ROM distributors page, I
believe.)

(Now that I have my own CD-RW drive, I don't fret so much about having
someone burn a CD for me---but my pipeline to the 'net is narrow, so I
haven't thought much about burning distributions (downloading a
distribution that I'm not using is a significant prospect).  I might burn
a few CD's for a local ``UNIX and LINUX'' users' group after 1.4.3 is
formally released, though.  (^&  And, again, after 1.5 is formally
released.)

  "I probably don't know what I'm talking about." --rauch@eecs.ukans.edu