Subject: Re: Orderd Disk does not contain kernel sources for 1.42
To: Gregg C Levine <hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net>
From: Reed Shadgett <dent@pgh.nauticom.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/24/2000 22:21:04
On Mon, Aug 21, 2000 at 06:56:28PM -0400, Gregg C Levine wrote:
> Okay here is a funny one: The disk I ordered from Edmund Enterprises arrived
> today, however it only contained the stuff to install, and create a minimal
> system. It happens that it does not contain the kernel sources, or for that
> matter any sources. Nor did it contain any software.

Hrmm, going through personal archives, when they contacted us about being
added to the CD-ROM vendors listing, they said otherwise.  Sorry for the
inconvenience; their entry on the web site has been modified to portray what
you've said.

For future reference, if you or anyone finds anything inconsistent, untrue, or
unclear on the web site, they should probably fill out the feedback form on
it so it may be fixed.

> Is this a common practice, does anybody know?

No.. but with the 'budget' CD vendors, you never really know what to expect.
As has been said - it's good practice, especially with the 'budget' ones, to
ask first.

--
Reed <dent@pgh.nauticom.net>