Subject: Re: CD-ROM is not detected
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Arto Huusko <arto.huusko@maailma.yok.utu.fi>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/24/2000 18:35:23
On 24-Elo-00, petr.sajtos@ct.cz wrote:

> I have an ATAPI CD-ROM an ZIP drive connected to one cable. The CD-ROM
> is set as master and the ZIP is slave. The CD-ROM is not detected while
> the ZIP is detected fine. I have tried both the GENERIC kernel and a
> Custom kernel but it doesn't help. I would like to know, what I am doing
> wrong.
> Here is the dmesg output of the GENERIC kernel

Do you have 1.5_ALPHA on i386?

I have the same problem, only I have a hard drive and cd-rom drive:
hdd is master and cd slave.

1.4.2 worked like Jack-in-a-box, meaning it came working right out of
the box. I installed 1.5_ALPHA (not upgrade, whole new install) and
at first didn't notice it (didn't read dmesg) and compiled a new
kernel. Then I tried to do something with my CD and noticed the whole
thing was not configured. I tried GENERIC and that didn't help:
no CD-ROM, no error messages in dmesg, no nothing but not working.

--
Arto Huusko
E-Mail : arto.huusko@maailma.yok.utu.fi