Subject: Re: xdoom
To: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Torbj=F6rn_Lindquist?= <linkan@astrakan.hig.se>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/20/2000 18:04:06
According to =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Torbj=F6rn_Lindquist?=:

>Now it works, the case of the doom2.wad was not correct. Well, at least it
>works playing doom2.wad, but I don't find how to play other wads, I tried
>to use the same way as on Amiga (in the .doomrc file) but it doesn't work.

You need to use the file command to add the new .wad file:

xdoom -file /path/to/new.wad

>I don't find any readmes at all.

Here is an excerpt from the README.linuxx that I have (probably from a
pre-package/pre-open-source-doom linux doom) which tells you how to
start a network game:

There are a few new/different options.  To play a net game, you do
this: "linuxxdoom -net <myplayernumber> <otherguyhostname ...>".  So
for a three person game between the machines huey, dewey, and louie,
you might type:

huey> linuxxdoom -net 1 dewey louie
dewey> linuxxdoom -net 2 huey louie
louie> linuxxdoom -net 3 huey dewey

It's a slightly queer syntax, but the number lets you be a color
not determined by your machine address which is kinda nice.

You can specify a different port number to use by saying "-port
<num>".