Subject: Re: Does any kind of how to exist for NetBSD
To: None <hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/20/2000 15:39:05
According to Gregg C Levine:

>Hello from Gregg C Levine writing for myself
>I have asked this question before, but I did not get anykind of reply. So
>here goes one more time: Does any sort of "How To" exist for writing
>programs that communicate with items that people, such as myself, would
>design on a card plugged into the slot of a computer?

Unfortunately, to my knowledge, no.  There is a document that
describes how to write a pseudo-device for NetBSD on www.netbsd.org
which describes the mechanics of hooking a device into the kernel -
the only real difference between a pseudo-device and a real device is
the probe routine and the fact you actually have to deal with some
hardware.  I do have a document that someone else wrote that is the
start of how to write a PCI driver, I hope to fix this up one day and
get it up on the NetBSD web site too.