Subject: Re: Problem building perl 5.6.0
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Marinier, M. Claude, G. <claude.marinier@dreo.dnd.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/18/2000 11:20:36
Thanks for your reply.

No, this is not the package. I also have to build this stuff on Solaris
and prefer to do it all by hand. This approach is not usually this
difficult.

The OpenSSH script just complains that it wants OpenSSL. The problem is
with OpenSSL's Configure script. I just copied strict.pm (from perl 5.6.0)
into the OpenSSL directory; now the script and the build work. I will try
to install.

I am still disappointed that perl 5.6.0 does not compile 'out of the box'
on NetBSD. I may try the package; in the mean time, I will go back to
5.005_03.

--
Claude Marinier, Information Technology Group    claude.marinier@dreo.dnd.ca
Defence Research Establishment Ottawa (DREO)    (613) 998-4901  FAX 998-2675