Subject: Re: Problem building perl 5.6.0
To: Marinier, M. Claude, G. <claude.marinier@dreo.dnd.ca>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/18/2000 08:20:19
On Fri, 18 Aug 2000, Marinier, M. Claude, G. wrote:

> I am trying to build OpenSSH 2.1.1p4. It requires OpenSSL.
>
> While trying to build OpenSSL 0.9.5a, the 'Configure' script fails because
> Perl cannot find strict.pm (I have Perl 5.005_03 installed).

This isn't the package, is it? Some perl stuff is commented out of the
openssl package "Makefile" with a comment that it never worked right.
The OpenSSH package does depend on perl for autoconf, but autoconf
should probably work with perl-5.6.0. (Install lang/perl5-current =
perl-5.6.0 _first_, otherwise autoconf will install perl5.004_04.)

The definitive guide to the NetBSD package system is

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/pkgsrc/Packages.txt

and here's another nice overview

http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/software/packages.html