Subject: Problem building perl 5.6.0
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Marinier, M. Claude, G. <claude.marinier@dreo.dnd.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/18/2000 08:51:02
Hi,

I am trying to build OpenSSH 2.1.1p4. It requires OpenSSL.

While trying to build OpenSSL 0.9.5a, the 'Configure' script fails because
Perl cannot find strict.pm (I have Perl 5.005_03 installed).

After building Perl 5.6.0, the install fails with the following error
message. This is the tail of the output from 'make install'.

|	Everything is up to date. 'make test' to run test suite.
| if [ -n "" ];  then  cd utils; make compile;  cd ../x2p; make
|  compile;  cd ../pod; make compile;  else :;  fi
| ./perl installperl
| Can't load 'lib/auto/File/Glob/Glob.so' for module File::Glob: No such
|  file or directory at lib/XSLoader.pm line 73.
|  at lib/File/Glob.pm line 94
| Compilation failed in require at installperl line 66.
| BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at installperl line 66.
| *** Error code 255
|
| Stop.

Note that /usr/local/perl-5.6.0/lib/auto/File/Glob/Glob.so exists. Perhaps
there is a path problem. The error message sems to come from here but the
comment does not leave me with much hope.

|    # Many dynamic extension loading problems will appear to come from
|    # this section of code: XYZ failed at line 123 of DynaLoader.pm.
|    # Often these errors are actually occurring in the initialisation
|    # C code of the extension XS file. Perl reports the error as being
|    # in this perl code simply because this was the last perl code
|    # it executed.
|
|    my $libref = dl_load_file($file, $module->dl_load_flags) or
|	croak("Can't load '$file' for module $module: ".dl_error());

Is there a simple fix for this?

Thanks.

--
Claude Marinier, Information Technology Group    claude.marinier@dreo.dnd.ca
Defence Research Establishment Ottawa (DREO)    (613) 998-4901  FAX 998-2675