Subject: Re: xdoom
To: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Torbj=F6rn_Lindquist?= <linkan@astrakan.hig.se>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/15/2000 09:53:39
> >I have got a registred doom wad file, doom2.wad, and I have put it in the
> >same directory as doom1.wad is in. I still can't get it to work. I have
> >used this file on my Amiga befor and it worked very well, so I would be
> >very glad if I could play it on my NetBSD-computers to.
>
> Mmmmm, try moving aside the "old" doom1.wad then - maybe that is
> confusing things.  I have successfully played registered wads with
> xdoom on NetBSD.  The registered status is actually held in the wad
> file so if xdoom does not find the registered wad file first your doom
> game will not be "registered".

Now it works, the case of the doom2.wad was not correct. Well, at least it
works playing doom2.wad, but I don't find how to play other wads, I tried
to use the same way as on Amiga (in the .doomrc file) but it doesn't work.

> If you cannot find it then get back to me, it has been a long long
> time since I played network doom but I may be able fire up some
> presumed long dead neurons and come up with some info.

I don't find any readmes at all.

/Linkan

http://www.astrakan.hig.se/~linkan/
ICQ# 6626106