Subject: Re: xdoom
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Torbj=F6rn_Lindquist?= <linkan@astrakan.hig.se>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/14/2000 09:09:01
On Mon, 14 Aug 2000, Brett Lymn wrote:

> According to =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Torbj=F6rn_Lindquist?=:
> >
> >I was tying xdoom out, but I can't seem to get any instructions on how to
> >load any registred wad-file. I also want to try to play it over
> >network. Anyone can help on this?
>
> If you want to play modified games (ie use third party .wad files)
> then you must have a registered version of doom.  To do this you need
> to buy a registered doom (unfortunately, you need a DOS or W95 [think
> that will work] machine to unpack the distribution) and copy the .wad
> files from that into the directory that contains the .wad files in
> xdoom.

I have got a registred doom wad file, doom2.wad, and I have put it in the
same directory as doom1.wad is in. I still can't get it to work. I have
used this file on my Amiga befor and it worked very well, so I would be
very glad if I could play it on my NetBSD-computers to.

> IIRC the info for playing network doom is in one of the readme's.

I wil try to find the readmes

/Linkan

http://www.astrakan.hig.se/~linkan/
ICQ# 6626106