Subject: Re: xdoom
To: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Torbj=F6rn_Lindquist?= <linkan@astrakan.hig.se>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/14/2000 11:57:43
According to =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Torbj=F6rn_Lindquist?=:

>I was tying xdoom out, but I can't seem to get any instructions on how to
>load any registred wad-file. I also want to try to play it over
>network. Anyone can help on this?

If you want to play modified games (ie use third party .wad files)
then you must have a registered version of doom.  To do this you need
to buy a registered doom (unfortunately, you need a DOS or W95 [think
that will work] machine to unpack the distribution) and copy the .wad
files from that into the directory that contains the .wad files in
xdoom.

IIRC the info for playing network doom is in one of the readme's.