Subject: DVD-RAM (was: mkisofs)
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Trevin Beattie <trevin@xmission.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/13/2000 17:52:07
On 13-Aug-00 Bruce Anderson wrote:

> The problem is that for Some reason to do with vnd
> /dev/vnd0a is different from /dev/vnd0c (vnd0d on port-i386)
>
> Mount the whole disk image, problem solved.

That was it!  Thank you.

Now, if I could only find a way to write the filesystem image to
my DVD-RAM drive.  cdrecord doesn't like it (apparently it only works
with CD-R[W] and DVD-R), and I can't write anything directly to the
cd* device.  I can't even configure the drive as an sd* device, even
though DVD-RAM is almost exactly like an optical disk (which I can't
use either, since NetBSD doesn't support 2048 bytes per sector.)

--- Trevin Beattie
All bridge hands are equally likely, but some are more equally
likely than others.
                -- Alan Truscott