Subject: mkisofs
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Trevin Beattie <trevin@xmission.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/13/2000 06:24:55
I have just recently installed the cdrecord-1.9 package, and with it
came mkisofs 1.13.  I ran mkisofs to create a test filesystem image
(copying my /etc directory), then to check the integrity of the
filesystem I configured it as a vnode disk and mounted it as a cd9660
device.

When I checked the directory, all my files appeared to be present.
However, when I ran "diff --recursive --brief /etc /cdrom/etc", it
looked like EVERY SINGLE FILE had been corrupted!

I checked the GNATS database and found that somebody else had
reported this same problem with an earlier version (see PR#pkg/8011),
but it was dismissed as a hardware problem.  I don't think so.
Either there is still a serious bug in mkisofs, or there is a problem
with mounting files through a vnode device.

--- Trevin Beattie
Captain Penny's Law:
        You can fool all of the people some of the time,
        and some of
the people all of the time, but you Can't Fool Mom.