Subject: Re: Is DVD supported? Scanners?
To: Trevin Beattie <trevin@xmission.com>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/13/2000 19:12:48
According to Trevin Beattie:

>I just now got around to downloading the cdrecord-1.9 package.  The first
>thing I tried was to get the inquiry data from my DVD-R drive:
>
># cdrecord dev=/dev/cd1d:1,4,0 -inq

Assuming your kernel is configured to have a cd1 you should be able to
see the drive with:

cdrecord dev=/dev/rcd1d -inq

># cdrecord -scanbus
>Cdrecord 1.9 (i386-unknown-netbsd1.4.3.) Copyright (C) 1995-2000 J=F6rg
>Schilling
>cdrecord: No such file or directory. Cannot open SCSI driver.
>cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'. Make sure you are
>root.
>#

I believe that NetBSD does not support scanning the scsi bus for
devices which is why you got this error.

>?Huh?  Has anybody gotten this to work?

I don't have a DVD-R, just a plain CD-R which works fine with NetBSD
using cdrecord.