Subject: Re: Chrooting user + pop daemon
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: =?iso-8859-2?Q?Grzegorz_'Silk'_Soba=F1ski?= <silk@go2.pl>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/10/2000 13:57:07
>> 2. How to make user's home dir as his root dir?
>> I know how to make that in FTP connection, it's
>> documented clearly.
>> But I want to do that if the user login via
>> telnet/local console (it's the same, isn't it?)
>> I think I shuld use some login script to chroot
>> bash, do I have to recompile login to do that?
>> (I don't know if login directly starts bash or
>> is bash started from some script?)

> This is a more interesting issue - what access are you trying to
> grant via telnet?

I want user to have acces to his own directory
(and files in it) and only to that directrory.
So he could put there some cgi for his www page
(which would be in the same directory).
But I don't want him to have access to system/other
user's files and directories.
He could not go out of his home directory.

However I want to allow him to use some programs
(like "at"; maybe ordering server to download some
file to his directory, etc.).

Oh, and i want do disallow him starting a bot.

Sorry, if i'm not speaking clearly :)

          Grzegorz "Silk" Sobański
           e-mail: <silk@go2.pl>