Subject: Re: Chrooting user + pop daemon
To: =?iso-8859-2?Q?Grzegorz_'Silk'_Soba=F1ski?= <silk@go2.pl>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/10/2000 10:21:06
On Thu, 10 Aug 2000, [iso-8859-2] Grzegorz 'Silk' Soba=F1ski wrote:

> Hi!
>=20
> I'm working on starting my own server, so i have
> 2 questions about configuring it.
>=20
> 1. What daemon should I use as pop3/smtp server?
> Is there any in standard distribution, or do I
> need aditional packages?
>=20
=09for smtp NetBSD ships with sendmail, for pop3, you can pick one
=09of the options from=20
=09=09http://www.netbsd.org/packages/mail/
=09-- you can also switch to a different smtp server if you choose.

> 2. How to make user's home dir as his root dir?
> I know how to make that in FTP connection, it's
> documented clearly.
> But I want to do that if the user login via
> telnet/local console (it's the same, isn't it?)
> I think I shuld use some login script to chroot
> bash, do I have to recompile login to do that?
> (I don't know if login directly starts bash or
> is bash started from some script?)

=09This is a more interesting issue - what access are you trying to
=09grant via telnet?

                David/absolute
=09=09=09       -- www.netbsd.org: A pmap for every occasion --