Subject: Re: anoncvs connection refused
To: John Towler <jtowler@pconline.com>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/07/2000 22:40:28
> Thus, the std binary install scripts wipe the root partition when I
> would like to NetBSD root partition to be elsewhere for the nonce.
> The miniroot filesystem is apparently read-only.  I would rather build
> the thing from src anyway.

Using which system? SunOS will probably not be capable of building the
entire NetBSD system, although you could probably get it to build a kernel.

> The current difficulty is with anoncvs, a session below shows the
> problem: for whatever reasons the remote server refuses the
> connection.  Commands are taken from
> bash-2.02$ cvs update -d -P
> ^Ccvs [update aborted]: received interrupt signal

Do you already have sources? If so then cvs update takes a long time to
start up and you really just need to wait for it. If not, then you need
to use 'checkout' instead of update.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com