Subject: Re: 3com cards and cisco 1900 catalists
To: Reinoud <Reinoud.Koornstra@ibb.net>
From: Julian Coleman <J.D.Coleman@newcastle.ac.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/02/2000 10:13:01
> So autoselect doesnt seem to work fine on a 3com card with a cisco switch.
> Also traffic is going slower when it's set to autoselect.

We've had a number of problems with 3c905b cards and Cisco 1900's and 2924XL
switches (not tried them with anything else).  This also happens with 3Com
drivers under MS Windows.  I did try fixing the speed and duplex settings on
the switch but didn't have that much success.  The cards don't seem to like
the switch ports waiting before initialising either.  Unfortunately, I didn't
have time to do much investigation.

                    My other computer also runs NetBSD
                          http://www.netbsd.org/