Subject: Re: Problems reassembling split sets
To: None <disintegration@technohead.co.uk>
From: Julian Coleman <J.D.Coleman@newcastle.ac.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/01/2000 09:52:09
>   There are a couple of distribution split sets I didn't get to fit onto
> floppy during the installation of NetBSD and now I'm trying to reassemble
> them. I have used the command "cat set_name.xx | gunzip | (cd /; tar xpf - )
> where set_name = the distribution set I'm trying to install, but when I try
> this command, I get the following complaints (or something along these lines;
> I'm on a different computer at the moment):

If the sets have been split, they will only make sense to gzip or tar if you
feed them in as a whole.  Something like :

  cat set_name.?? | ( cd / && tar xpzf - )

(or some variation) so that you pass all the data to the relevant command.
Otherwise, it will give up at the end of the first set, expecting more data.

PS.  If you could trim your lines at < 80 columns, that would be nice.
--
                    My other computer also runs NetBSD
                          http://www.netbsd.org/