Subject: Problems reassembling split sets
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: None <disintegration@technohead.co.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/31/2000 23:33:48
--5552626.965082828244.JavaMail.root@www-a21

Hello,
  I hate having to post to the list again, but I'm having a problem with the split sets that I can't find any info about.
  There are a couple of distribution split sets I didn't get to fit onto floppy during the installation of NetBSD and now I'm trying to reassemble them. I have used the command "cat set_name.xx | gunzip | (cd /; tar xpf - ) where set_name = the distribution set I'm trying to install, but when I try this command, I get the following complaints (or something along these lines; I'm on a different computer at the moment):
  gunzip=stdout=unexpected EOF
  tar=unexpected EOF
  I have also tried the command on different sets, but gunzip reports the set is not a valid .gz file (this is pretty obvious). Is this a "ghost in the machine" or are there more special parameters I need to set on the above reassembly command? I have tried various flags/options on both NetBSD and Linux, but with no success.
  At the moment, I'm doing everything possible to keep from having to do a reinstall, but thanks in advance for your patience and for any help given.

Paul

Your email address says a lot about you.
Express yourself @ another.com
http://another.com/jump.jsp?destDesc=another.com/login.jsp?sig=393

--5552626.965082828244.JavaMail.root@www-a21--