Subject: Re: Information for a device
To: ponellis <ponellis@ims.fhg.de>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/28/2000 22:08:35
On Fri, Jul 28, 2000 at 02:29:27PM +0200, ponellis wrote:
> Hello
>
> We will develop a device an would use NetBSD.
> I need some information for driver and / or protocol for
>  - IrDA
>  - I2C
>  - ISDN
>  - DECT
>  - GSM.
> Can you help me to get information which chips are supported
> and which protocols are available?

A device that uses all these things at the same time ?
Well,
IrDA: nothing supported for now, but work is in progress
I2C: there isn't really anything reusable for now, but work is in progress
ISDN: I'm not sure what this exacly means, I've seen it for different things
      no much things in NetBSD but there's an external package that works
      (I forgot is name but can easily be found - just search 'ISDN' in the
      mailing list archives)
DECT: don't know what this is
GSM: I though GSM devices would appear as modems ...

BTW, this question would have its place in the tech-kern mailing list ...

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>