Subject: Frustration in building install disks...
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Erich T. Enke <Erich.T.Enke@wheaton.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/27/2000 14:59:02
I can and have been able to build and boot successfully the non-floppy
install kernel (netbsd.INSTALL.gz) from distrib.  However, every time I:

dd if=/usr/src/distrib/i386/floppies/fdset/boot1.fs of=/dev/fd0a bs=36b
dd if=/usr/src/distrib/i386/floppies/fdset/boot2.fs of=/dev/fd0a bs=36b

the computer reboots when finished loading the second disk.

I've just tested now that the same non-floppy version as I'm trying to
copy onto disks does indeed work.  I've also tried different disks to
no avail.  What am I doing wrong?

Also, if I make changes to the INSTALL config file, what changes will I
have to make to get the thing to work?  Something related to
filesystem/kernel sizes, perhaps?  Or should I just expect the thing to
build and run?

Is there any documentation on this that I've missed?  I looked everywhere
I could think of.

TIA,
Erich