Subject: Re: PS2
To: John <john@icculus.net>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/25/2000 22:31:35
> Are plans already in the works for a port to this platform?

Nobody's announced anything. I expect that once the actual hardware is
available, a bunch of people will get together here and get something
started.

> Any thoughts on this subject?  Does migrating to 128bit pose
> any particular problems with NetBSD?  ttyl

The 128bit term is a marketing ploy, it probably only describes the
graphics coprocessor or the floating point unit. The main MIPS cpu
is a 64-bit variant (forget which one) but NetBSD has plenty of
relevant experience in that arena already.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com