Subject: Re: ELF symbol table
To: John <john@icculus.net>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/21/2000 19:08:31
On Fri, Jul 21, 2000 at 09:59:23PM -0400, John wrote:

 > [ netbsd ELF symbol table not valid ]
 >
 > This is the first message I get (in green) right after the boot loader
 > loads the kernel and starts to boot it.  This message is followed by
 > another about preserving the a.out symbol table, and then the system
 > boots normally.

It's nothing to worry about.  NetBSD 1.4.2 would work in 2 object
formats, ELF and a.out, but was a.out by default.  NetBSD 1.5 will
be ELF by default.

The message is simply the in-kernel debugger telling what it's looking
for when it searches for valid symbol tables.

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>