Subject: Re: how to get the 1.4.2 sources with sup ?
To: Erich T. Enke <Erich.T.Enke@wheaton.edu>
From: Mike Pelley <mike.pelley@coventus.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/20/2000 15:17:37
> > >I don't know where to do this, and don't know
> > >if sup get the 1.4.2 release or greater?
> > >can I have simply the 'all-sources' param in the
> > >sup.conf(or something like) file?
> >
> > The following line in my sup file retrieves the release src tree into
> > /usr/release:
> >
> > release release=allsrc host=sup.netbsd.org hostbase=/ftp/pub base=/usr
> > prefix=/usr/release use-rel-suffix delete backup
>
> I think he meant how to grab _any_ of the releases >= 1.4.2, not just the
> most recent.  I personally don't use sup that much.  Anyone?  Anyone?

I don't think that's what he meant, especially as there are not any
"releases" after 1.4.2 yet.

However, if he would like the release tree at a specific date or with a
specific tag, anonymous cvs is a better option I believe.  From what I can
tell only the most recent release is available via sup.  There is some info
about anonymous cvs available at
http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/current/#using-anoncvs - it's talking
about current but you can easily specify a tag/branch/date.

CU!  Mike.