Subject: Re: System time & date thinks its in California not NYC
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/19/2000 14:38:02
At 01:44 PM 7/19/00 -0400, Andrew Brown wrote:
> >>where's d4time?  certainly not in pkgsrc.  :)
> >
> >Same place(s) as most Windows freeware/shareware - look somewhere like
> >http://www.winfiles.com
>
>you say that as if...i should have known it.  :)

Nah, just wanted to make sure you noticed it was a Windoze application.

> >It's called RTC_OFFSET.
>
>i was under the impression that that was not the same.  can i use that
>*and* adjust it randomly over the uptime of the machine?  i sort of
>got the impression that i t was consulted only at boot time and that
>i'd need two kernels for one year (to cope with dst).

Possible/probable, hopefully somebody who actually uses it will chime in. I
must admit I know nothing of the workings of either the NetBSD or FreeBSD
versions of this, I just threw in the comment since I was posting to tell
the location of d4time anyway.