Subject: NetHack package problem
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Arto Huusko <arto.huusko@maailma.yok.utu.fi>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/14/2000 14:11:02
Hi,

Ran into a problem with nethack package. Not that I couldn't go around
it: there are several solutions, but I think there should be a simple
straight way (i.e. just installing the package).

I installed with pkg_add nethack-lib and nethack-tty packages (version
3.3.0) as root, then later I wanted to start a game of nethack as
normal user. I got:

Warning: cannot write scoreboard file /usr/pkg/share/nethackdir/record

Hit return to continue:

And then:

NetHack, Copyright 1985-1999
         By Stichting Mathematisch Centrum and M. Stephenson.
         See license for details.
No write permission to lock perm!

Hit space to continue:

Apparently no rights to use nethackdir. I see only root has the
rights to use nethackdir. What's up? I remember installing 3.3.0
earlier to another NetBSD machine and it had no problems there.

--
Arto Huusko
E-Mail : arto.huusko@maailma.yok.utu.fi