Subject: Re: Looking for NetBSD support for RAIDZone
To: None <sudog@sudog.com>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/13/2000 17:38:40
sudog@sudog.com writes:

> RAIDZone recently added support for Linux, but has anyone here been
> successful in installing them on a NetBSD-type system? I'm not happy
> with being stuck with a crashy 2GB-limited-filesize linux system as
> our 180 GB capacity fileserver..  But--if I could find support for
> NetBSD, I could easily convince them to switch over and my life would
> suddenly be a lot easier.
>
> Comments appreciated, pointers happily accepted with a smile,

What kind of controller card do they use?  How is it supported under Linux?
I don't see any drivers available for download or very much technical
documentation.

Sounds like the controller board or "switch" is proprietary so hopefully
they have some sort of docs available. :-)

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | NetBSD ist Affengeil.
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | Nachts ist es kaelter
I speak for myself, not for my employer.  | als draussen.