Subject: Re: fixing directory paths
To: Mark R. Nathan <mark@nathan.net>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/12/2000 17:21:27
On Tue, Jul 11, 2000 at 09:22:29PM -0700, Mark R. Nathan wrote:
> httpd is stuck looking for the httpd.conf Apache file in the wrong
> directory path after each clean reboot of my BSD machine.   Issuing
> 'httpd -f /usr/etc/httpd/httpd.conf' corrects this problem but only
> until the next reboot.
>
> What gets me is that I can't find any file that links httpd to the
> httpd.conf file... that is httpd.conf is the configuration file for
> httpd.
>
> What am I missing?

The default path is compiled in. Try 'httpd -V' and you will
see something like:

Server compiled with....
 -D HTTPD_ROOT="/usr/local/etc/httpd"
 -D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="conf/httpd.conf"

I don't use pkgsrc and configure --with-layout= the old layout hence the
different directory.

How do you start the httpd at boot-up? rc.local? Why not include the -f option
there?

Cheers,

Patrick