Subject: Re: fixing directory paths
To: Mark R. Nathan <mark@nathan.net>
From: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/12/2000 09:08:11
On Wed, Jul 12, 2000 at 12:39:46AM -0700, Mark R. Nathan wrote:
> Thanks for your post.  Actually yes,  the config file was moved to
> /usr/pkg/etc and all config files (ie: httpd.conf) have been triple
> checked for accuracy.  httpd Error log shows that after rebooting
> httpd thinks the config file is located here:
>
> /usr/share/httpd/htdocs/etc/httpd/httpd.conf
>
> after a quick:  httpd -f /usr/pkg/etc/httpd/httpd.conf

Are you picking up another httpd from the path?

Is your startup script starting the wrong httpd (wrong path?)?

At least once apon a time Apache was unable to reread it's confing
files when you kill -1 it. That got me into the habit of always
starting httpd with a full path. Just to be explicit, I also always
give the -d argument to name the server root directory (instead of
-f). Since I started doing that I haven't had any problems with kill -1.
--
XCOMM Kevin P. Neal:  Senior, CSC, NCSU    http://www.pobox.com/~kpn/
XCOMM