Subject: Re: fixing directory paths
To: Dr. Rene Hexel <rh@vip.at>
From: Mark R. Nathan <mark@nathan.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/12/2000 00:39:46
On 7/12/00, Dr. Rene Hexel wanted to tell me:
>   I presume you are using Apache from the package system?  In that case,
>httpd is compiled with ServerRoot set to '/usr/pkg' (or wherever you
>changed $LOCALBASE to).  Therefore, Apache will use
>'/usr/pkg/etc/httpd/httpd.conf' as its default configuration file.  The
>only way to change this is '-f' on the command line (and then probably
>ServerRoot in the config file for relative paths to work correctly).
>
>   However, '/usr/etc/' is not a good place for config files.  See
>hier(7) for more information about filesystem hierarchy on NetBSD.
>
>   Cheers
>       ,
>    Rene

Thanks for your post.  Actually yes,  the config file was moved to
/usr/pkg/etc and all config files (ie: httpd.conf) have been triple
checked for accuracy.  httpd Error log shows that after rebooting
httpd thinks the config file is located here:

/usr/share/httpd/htdocs/etc/httpd/httpd.conf

after a quick:  httpd -f /usr/pkg/etc/httpd/httpd.conf

everything is back to normal..  I am scratching my head on this one.

thanks for your thoughts.

Mark Nathan

(I Am using the package system)

    Mark R. Nathan                        http://www.miraboomusic.com