Subject: Re: fixing directory paths
To: Mark R. Nathan <mark@nathan.net>
From: Dr. Rene Hexel <rh@vip.at>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/12/2000 09:27:02
"Mark R. Nathan" wrote:

> httpd is stuck looking for the httpd.conf Apache file in the wrong
> directory path after each clean reboot of my BSD machine.   Issuing
> 'httpd -f /usr/etc/httpd/httpd.conf' corrects this problem but only
> until the next reboot.

  I presume you are using Apache from the package system?  In that case,
httpd is compiled with ServerRoot set to '/usr/pkg' (or wherever you
changed $LOCALBASE to).  Therefore, Apache will use
'/usr/pkg/etc/httpd/httpd.conf' as its default configuration file.  The
only way to change this is '-f' on the command line (and then probably
ServerRoot in the config file for relative paths to work correctly).

  However, '/usr/etc/' is not a good place for config files.  See
hier(7) for more information about filesystem hierarchy on NetBSD.

  Cheers
      ,
   Rene