Subject: Re: sendmail or Postfix?
To: Mark R. Nathan <mark@nathan.net>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/10/2000 20:54:03
On Mon, Jul 10, 2000 at 01:21:49AM -0700, Mark R. Nathan wrote:
> I've had several conversations with others a that mention Postfix is
> a much simpler program to maintain, configure and run then Sendmail.
>
> Any NetBSD users agree?

That depends on how much experience you have and how much you want to
tweak your setup. If you are not very experienced in configuring
a mailer, and you want something that's easy to set up with reasonable
defaults, you should definitely pick postfix. People who have more
experience and want to turn all sorts of knobs in their configuration,
might want to go with sendmail.

I'm running postfix myself; I didn't need anything special, and did not
want to bother (re-)learning sendmail configuration.

- Frank