Subject: Can't install realplayer
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Zach Fine <zach@xdsl014.serv.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/07/2000 08:55:38
I've downloaded Realplayer 7 for Linux, and have already installed the
suse_linux compatibility packages, but whenever I run the
self-extracting RealPlayer7 binary and click 'Accept' in the pop-up
window that informs me of the license, I get the following error:

xdsl014% ./rp7_linux20_libc6_i386_b2.bin
Bad system call
xdsl014%

I also tried installing the rvplayer and realplayerG2 packages, but
they're both outdated --they require users to download files from Real
Networks that are no longer served (or I just can't find them). In
fact, the RealPlayer G2 package thinks that the file it needs is at
http://proforma.real.com/real/player/linuxplayer.html, a nonexistant
URL.

Has anyone succeeded in installing Realplayer 7? I suppose it might
help to mention that I'm running NetBSD 1.4.1 i386.

Thanks for any help or information.

-Zach Fine
czyz@serv.net