Subject: Q: pccard SCSI and boot
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org, port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang Trappe <wtrappe@picturesafe.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/07/2000 10:30:02
Hello,

I just installed NetBSD on a Asus 7400 Notebook with two problems:

1.) the installation dont installed the mbr boot correctly, I installed
    the bootselector with  % fdisk -i -c /usr/mdec/mbr_bootsel
    Now it boots into bsd.
    Before the pc could only boot from cd and manually say >boot
wd0a:netbsd

2.) Now I can boot into netbsd, but my network adapter (pccard 3c575) is
not
    configured in the kernel. For transfering the kernelsources I
connected
    a pcmcia scsi adapter (apa1460) with a MOD disk.
   The Kernel recognizes the aic-scsi with the correct id, but at the
moment
   it want boot from the wd0 disk, the boot process stops.

Any ideas ?

Thanks
Wolfgang