Subject: Re: scsi cable problems?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Nick <nmanisca@vt.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/03/2000 23:50:55
On Mon, Jul 03, 2000 at 08:56:26PM -0400, Nick wrote:
> I have a very strange scsi bus on an AlphaStation 200.
>
> Under heavy disk load the system will have a problem.  Thy symptom is
> that disk reads/writes appear to hang.  After a few seconds on the console
> appears a few messages:

<snip>

An update... If I unplug the cdrom drive from the scsi bus, the entire
set up seems to be stable (I just did a few builds of kernels while doing
repeated 'find /' and didn't have any problems.  Could the problem be
that the converter that goes from 68 pin to 50 pin (to allow the cdrom
drive to plug into a 68 pin ribbon) needs to terminate the upper eight
bits?  Maybe it is only terminating 8 bits total instead of all 16?

Nick