Subject: Re: Problem accessing Windows 98 partition
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org, port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Lets Go Canes! <LetsGoCanes@webmail.bellsouth.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/02/2000 12:42:41
Hi all.

>Could you also post the ouput of fsck ?
Sorry - an oversight on my part...

** /dev/rwd0f
** Phase 1 - Read and Compare FATs
** Phase 2 - Check Cluster Chains
** Phase 3 - Checking Directories
** Phase 4 - Checking for Lost Files
Next free cluster in FSInfo block (2) not free
fix? no
22987 files, 1728864 free (432216 clusters)
start /dev/rwd0f wait fsck_msdos -n /dev/rwd0f

BTW - something I should clarify.  While this series of
e-mails is focusing on fsck, my concern is over whether
or not the partition is safe to use in a read/write
mode.  I.e., just avoiding fsck on this partition won't
help unless the partition is safe to write to (add
files, delete files, etc.), and if it is safe to write
to the partition, then fsck should be OK too, no?

Let's Go Canes!