Subject: Re: cdrecord & Yamaha CDRW 6416sz
To: None <rmcm@compsoft.com.au>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@rkr.kcnet.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/01/2000 01:27:58
>  you may need to use /dev/rcd1d

Ah, I was afraid/HOPING that it was something that simple.  (^&

Leaving off the driver=scsi2_cd, and using /dev/cd1d, it seems
well.  Thanks a lot.

The CD burns and I can read it even from my regular CD-ROM.

One oddity is that my CD-ROM drive is suddenly very picky about accepting
CD-R media.  I've received several CD-R's before and have had no problems,
but now it (sometimes) causes the old CD-ROM drive to leave an amber light
on when I pop in a CD-R disk.  In fact, it seems to do it more often than
not.  It doesn't seem to matter whether I'm popping in a CD that I've
burned, or one of the ones that Bob Nestor has burned for me in the past.

So far, I'm having trouble establishing a pattern...maybe the CD-ROM has
always been a little finicky?  (I've not popped CD-R's in & out of it very
often in the past.  But the sudden, recalcitrant behavior tonight is
surprising...)

  "I probably don't know what I'm talking about."  --rkr@rkr.kcnet.com