Subject: lib{gnu,}getopt
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@rkr.kcnet.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/31/2000 03:51:29
How does libgnugetopt differ from libgetopt?  (The former is required by
killustrator from the FreeBSD port system, but is not present in our
package system.  libgetopt doesn't appear to be GNU'ish, and I'm loathe to
bring in libgnugetopt if libgetopt will serve just as well.)

It does not appear that the FreeBSD folks have a libgetopt, and the only
thing mentioned in their libgnugetopt long-desc. is support for
getopt_long(), which I take to mean the --long-option support that
libgetopt also provides.

Any comments?  (To a limited extent, a quick peek at the code would answer
this question.  But, there may be subtle differences that someone would
like to point out which a quick peek wouldn't reveal.  (^&)

Thanks for any answers.

  "I probably don't know what I'm talking about."  --rkr@rkr.kcnet.com