Subject: Re: X
To: Grojer Juergen <juergen.grojer@siemens.at>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/29/2000 20:53:30
Grojer Juergen wrote
> I have a problem setting up x.
> I've enterd the correct monitor-settings and the graphiccard is in the
> database (Matrox millenium productiva g200 4mb) but it still dont works.
> i've used an xf86config-file from my linux-box and it starts x correct (ok,
> the resolution was to high, but it doesn't crach).
> Are there any problems with the xf86config-tool?
> I've spend very much time try to set up X, and it still doesn' work.
> I've downloaded and read the howtos, and tryed it on 3 different machines,
> but it crashes every time with diffrent error-messages.
> please help me
> thanx

You didn't give us much information to work on... but have you tried
XF86Setup? Its worth a try...

BTW: Using XF86Config files from other platforms generally isn't a
good idea as there are differences in device naming etc.

cheerio Berndt
--
Name    : Berndt Josef Wulf            | +++ With BSD on Packet Radio +++
E-Mail  : wulf@ping.net.au             |    tfkiss, tnt, dpbox, wampes