Subject: Re: PCMCIA modem problems
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Technolord <torellip@arena.sci.univr.it>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/26/2000 13:59:05
On Thu, 25 May 2000, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> On Thu, May 25, 2000 at 04:14:13PM +0200, Technolord wrote:
> > Hi. I have a 486 laptop running 1.4.2, and a nokia pcmcia GSM modem.
> > My problem is: when I plug the modem in, it get recognized as com1 BUT a
> > message "com1: cannot allocate i/o space" appears. Of course, the com1
> > (tty01) doesn't work :) Using a 33.6k pcmcia modem works just fine --
> > I/O space is allocated, and it responds to AT commands.
> Did you try to compile a kernel with 'options PCMCIADEBUG' and see what it
> says ?
Hand written, so there might be mistakes...

--- snip ---
pcmcia1 at pcic0 controler 0 socket 1
pcmcia1: CIS version PCMCIA 2.0 or 2.1
pcmcia1: CIS info: Nokia Mobile Phones, Nokia PC Radio
pcmcia1: Manufacturer code 0x124, product 0x800
pcmcia1: function 0: serial port, ccr addr 1fe mask 1
pcmcia1: function 0, config table entry 2: I/O card; irq mask ffff; iomask
4, iospace 0-f; rdybsy_active wp_active bvd_active io8 irqlevel
pcmcia1: function 0, config table entry 4: I/O card; irq mask ffff; iomask
4, iospace 0-f; rdybsy_active wp_active bvd_active io8 irqlevel
com1 at pcmcia1 function 0: can't allocate i/o space
--- snip ---