Subject: Re: printing?
To: Technolord <l.raiser@deathsdoor.com>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/23/2000 13:36:25
Technolord writes:

> > No, if the printer was PS only then you would not get anything out
> > just printing text to it.
> Actually, that was a .ps, I tried an html with images, I'll skip the plain
> text and assume it works (or, "print it with netscape" response ;)

I use the following /etc/printcap. (non-LPD JetDirect)

lp|lw|lj4mx|PostScript|HP Laserjet 4Si/MX Postscript:\
        :rw:sf:sh:lp=9099@lanjet1:sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:\
        :mx#0:lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:\
        :if=/usr/pkg/libexec/magicfilter/ljet4m-filter:

Using magicfilter eliminates any PCL .vs. PS issue for me, and allows
me to use lpr on just about any kind of file. :-)

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | NetBSD ist Affengeil.
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | Nachts ist es kaelter
I speak for myself, not for my employer.  | als draussen.