Subject: Re: printing?
To: None <l.raiser@deathsdoor.com>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/23/2000 22:44:23
According to Technolord:

>Now the job gets queued, waits for <some minutes>, then says he's waiting
>for the printer "to come up" and then (about 5 minutes from the enqueue to
>the actual print) the paper comes out correctly :)

Ummm was the printer in powersave mode?  That might have that effect
otherwise, I cannot explain that behaviour.

>I'm sorry to be so much of disturb `:-/

Don't be sorry - questions like you have is what netbsd-help is for.

>...I should translate all the works to PS, as the printer is
>PS-only...

No, if the printer was PS only then you would not get anything out
just printing text to it.

>....maybe it's done automatically by the software? How can I test?

I think you already have.  Most modern HP printers will accept either
text or postscript or pcl and automatically switch between them.  By
the sounds of it I suspect you have a printer that is capable of
that.  Using ghostscript is good for situations where you want to
print colour postscript files on your hp paintjet or such like.