Subject: Re: printing?
To: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
From: Technolord <torellip@arena.sci.univr.it>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/23/2000 14:46:47
On Tue, 23 May 2000, Brett Lymn wrote:

> Ahhh I think I see what is wrong <DAFFY_DUCK>pronoun problems</DAFFY_DUCK>
QWAK!
Now it's getting better... well, let's say it prints :)
Thank you all who helped me somehow!

Now the job gets queued, waits for <some minutes>, then says he's waiting
for the printer "to come up" and then (about 5 minutes from the enqueue to
the actual print) the paper comes out correctly :)

> poor lpd was confused, you told it you had a remote print queue called
> ljprofs but no means to get to it!
:)

> Ah well, we all struggle up the learning curve ;-)
I'm sorry to be so much of disturb `:-/

> output to the printer).  I should have said input and output filters
> which are scripts that can be used to modify the submitted job before
> it is printed.  Typical applications are things like having a filter
...I should translate all the works to PS, as the printer is PS-only...
....maybe it's done automatically by the software? How can I test?

> non-postscript printer.  Note that these filters are only applied to
> _local_ printers (i.e. they will not work in your specific case here)
> but this can be hacked around.
I'll try some!

Thank you again!