Subject: Re: printing?
To: None <l.raiser@deathsdoor.com>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/23/2000 19:07:52
According to Technolord:

>BUT, % lpq -P ljprofs
>Warning: no daemon present
>[the job is listed correctly]
>
>...that did not work :-(

What does your printcap entry look like?  Also, what printer are you
trying to talk to?  At a guess I would say some sort of laserjet but
one cannot be sure.  I would double check that the printer can accept
the lpd protocol, the "no daemon present" message may be trying to
tell you that the printer is not talking to your print host as
expected i.e. not responding to the lpd and so your print host is
saying the daemon is not present.  The other thing that can cause this
message is if you have stuffed up an interface script and the lpd
handling the job exits without processing the job.